People Everywhere Learn Statistics From Us.
We have students taking individual courses or enrolled in one of our PASS certificate programs, and instructors teaching our courses from around the globe.
The Institute for Statistics Education at Statistics.com is the leading provider of online education in statistics, and offers over 100 courses in introductory and advanced statistics. Students from around the world study with leading authorities in statistics via private discussion boards on flexible schedules. Teaching assistants provide individual feedback on practical exercises. The Institute offers CEU's, records of course completion, and certificate programs in advanced statistical study.
Statistics.com has been teaching statistics online since 2002.
Read articles and papers about The Institute's role in a changing educational environment, a recent profile of it's president, Peter Bruce, and more:
- Inside Higher Ed, The Specialists
- Amstat News profile, Taking a Chance on Statistics
- R-Bloggers review of Statistics.com courses
- "Statistics.com at the 10-Year Mark," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Computational Statistics: Volume 4, Issue 6, pages 513–517
- Travelogue—A Newcomer Encounters Statistics and the Computer, Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics: Vol. 21, Special Issue on Computer-Intensive Methods with Emphasis on Bootstrap and Medical Research Applications, pp. 1158-1163
- Interactive Learning Online at Public Universities: Evidence from Randomized Trials by William G. Bowen, Matthew M. Chingos, Kelly A. Lack and Thomas I. Nygren. This article is not about Statistics.com; rather it reports the results of an randomized study of student outcomes when taught introductory statistics mostly online. No significant difference was found between the online group and the group taught in traditional in-person classes.
- Press Releases
For more information, see
The Institute for Statistics Education
612 N. Jackson St. Arlington VA 22201 USA 703.522.5410(voice) 703.522.5846(fax)