Dr. Daniel T. Kaplan is the DeWitt Wallace professor in the Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science Department at Macalester College in Saint Paul, Minnesota where he teaches statistics, applied mathematics, and computational science. He won the annual Excellence in Teaching award at Macalester in 2006 and has received curriculum development grants for this approach to statistical modeling from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Keck Foundation, and the U.S. National Science Foundation.
Leading Academic and Industry Experts
Dr. Daniel T. Kaplan
Statistics.com Instructor Since
- MS Engineering Economic Systems, Stanford University
- MS Biomedical Physics, Harvard University
- PhD Biomedical Physics, Harvard University
Areas of Expertise
- Statistical Modeling
- Applied Mathematics
- Author, Statistical Modeling: A Fresh Approach (CreateSpace, 2009)
- Co-author, Understanding Nonlinear Dynamics (Springer-Verlag, 1995)
- Author, Introduction to Scientific Computation and Programming (Brooks-Cole, 2003)
- Author, Resampling Statistics in MATLAB (Resampling Stats, Inc., 1999)
- Macalester College annual “Excellence in Teaching” award, April 2008.
None at the moment.