Dr. John Michael Linacre is Research Director of Winsteps.com and formerly Director of the MESA Psychometric Laboratory at the University of Chicago. Dr. Linacre has taught the principles and practice of Rasch measurement for over twenty years, for much of that time in close collaboration with Benjamin D. Wright, for many years the leading proponent of Rasch methodology. He is the author of Winsteps and Facets software packages for Rasch analysis. His research interests include the measurement of health outcomes and authentic educational testing. In over 25 years of developing Rasch software, Dr. Linacre has probably analyzed more Rasch-related datasets, and a greater variety, than any other analyst.
Leading Academic and Industry Experts
Dr. John Michael Linacre
Statistics.com Instructor Since
- MA Mathematics and Oriental Studies, Cambridge University
- MA Educational Measurement, University of Chicago
- PhD. Educational Measurement, University of Chicago
Areas of Expertise
- Rasch Measurement
- Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions, since 1989
- Author, Many-Facet Rasch Measurement (MESA Press, 1994)
- Samuel J. Messick Memorial Lecturer for Language Testing Research Colloquium (LTRC) 2011
- Susan Colver Rosenberger Prize, Division of Social Sciences, University of Chicago: For constructive and original research, 1991
None at the moment.