Dr. Robert Hayden has been teaching statistics since 1982, and is a recognized authority on the teaching of introductory statistics. He has received a national award from high school statistics teachers for his online guidance to AP Statistics teachers, something he has been doing since 1996 on the AP Statistics listserv. Dr. Hayden has also had careers in mechanical engineering and mathematics education.
Leading Academic and Industry Experts
Dr. Robert Hayden
Statistics.com Instructor Since
December 2004, emeritus February 2017
- BS Mathematics, MIT
- MS Mathematics, University of Connecticut
- PhD. Mathematics and Education, Iowa State University
Areas of Expertise
- Statistics Education
- Published articles in The American Statistician
- MAA Notes series
- Articles on the thermopysical properties of aerospace alloys
- Articles on training high school mathematics teachers to teach statistics
- Book reviews for MAA Reviews and Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statisitcs
None at the moment.