Students wishing to receive a grade/transcript from Statistics.com in certain courses must take a proctored final examination. The following information is designed to guide students through this process.
Statistics.com requires designated proctors, selected by the student, and approved by Statistics.com, to supervise and administer final examinations in selected courses. Proctors enable Statistics.com to verify that the student who completes an assessment has followed all necessary examination guidelines and is actually the individual receiving credit for the course.
- Proctor Application Process
- Examination Process
- Proctor Criteria
- Proctor Guidelines (PDF)
- Proctor Application (PDF)
- Student/Proctor Verification Form (PDF)
*Note: This proctoring process was adapted by statistics.com, with permission, from Pace University.
Proctor Application Process
- Review the Proctor Criteria, Proctor Guidelines and the Examination Process.
- Select a Proctor. As a student, it is your responsibility to select an individual who will be available to proctor your exams based on Statistics.com Proctor Guidelines.
- Download the Proctor Application from this link, complete it, and print it out. Ask your proctor to sign it. Scan and email the signed form to email@example.com (or fax it to 703-522-5410).
- You will receive email notification from Statistics.com upon approval of your proctor. This email will include the exam schedule and a link to the Proctor Guidelines for the examination you are taking.
- You are responsible for any fees charged by the Proctor.
If you are not able to easily locate a person to serve as your proctor, you are welcome to use the services of MonitorEDU . In this case, fill out a proctor application yourself, enter “MonitorEDU” and send it to us. This form does not need to be signed by anyone at MonitorEDU.
Note: A Proctor Application must be completed for each examination, even if you have used the same proctor for previous course examinations.
Prior to the Day of the Examination
- Contact your proctor to make sure she/he has received the exam schedule and the Proctoring Guidelines. (In the event that your selected proctor is unable to administer your examination, you can select another proctor and have the new proctor complete the Proctor Application. Please scan/email (or fax) to The Institute at least 1 week prior the examination.)
- Print out a copy of the Student/Proctor Verification Form to bring to the exam and complete after the exam is finished. Any examination received without a verification form will not be valid.
On the Day of the Examination
- The exam is completely online and open book – you will have access to all the course materials, including assignments and discussions, your notes, and whatever other materials you bring.
- A valid photo I.D., such as a driver’s license, must be presented to the proctor.
- You are responsible for bringing any necessary supplies for your own use such as, pens, pencils, calculator, paper etc.
- During the exam, you may not communicate with anyone, whether by phone, IM, email, course discussion board, or any other means.
- You must bring a copy of the Student/Proctor Verification Form and fill in the necessary information.
- The time limit is 180 minutes. At the end of that period, the exam will close automatically and any unsaved work is lost. Save your answers frequently – they are not submitted in final form until the exam is closed.
- You are not allowed to copy any questions down to take with you after the examination.
After the Examination
- Download the Student/Proctor Verification Form from this link. Complete and sign it after completing the exam. The proctor must also sign, and then scan/email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org (or fax 703-522-5410). Note: an examination received without this form will not be valid.
- After the examination is closed, you can log in and see which questions you answered correctly and incorrectly.
- Once the examination has been marked and recorded, we will send an email containing your results.
To be approved as a proctor, the individual must meet one of the criteria listed below. The chosen proctor will not be approved if they are a relative, a friend, a Statistics.com student or a co-worker.
- Supervisor within your university or firm
- Resource/General Manager within your or any firm
- Corporate Instructor within your or any firm
- Union Representative/Steward within your industry
- President/Vice-President within your or any firm
- Principal or Superintendent of an Educational Institution, either public or private
- Official Testing Service of an Accredited University or College
- Certified College Instructor
- School Guidance Counselor
- Military Educational Officer
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Official Learning/Tutoring Center
- Other (specify on application)
In the event that your selected proctor is unable to administer your examination, you can select another proctor and have him or her download and complete the Proctor Application from this link. Be sure that the Proctor Application is scanned/emailed (or faxed) to The Institute before the deadline.
NOTE: Any fees charged by the proctor are the responsibility of the student.
If you are not able to locate a person to serve as your proctor, you may use the services of MonitorEDU. In this case, fill out the Proctor Application yourself, enter “MonitorEDU” and send it to us. This form does not need to be signed by anyone at MonitorEDU.