- Author, Applied Regression Modeling, 2nd ed (Wiley, 2012)
- Co-author, "Which Nominee Seems Most Likely to Win the Academy Award and Why?", The Social Science of the Cinema. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Co-author, "Applying discrete choice models to predict Academy Award winners" Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, 2008.
- Co-author, "Average predictive comparisons for models with nonlinearity, interactions, and variance components" Sociological Methodology, 2007
- Co-author, "Graphical tools for quadratic discriminant analysis" Technometrics, 2007.
- Co-author, "Bayesian measures of explained variance and pooling in multilevel (hierarchical) models" Technometrics, 2006.
- Co-author, "Sentencing convicted felons in the United States: a Bayesian analysis using multilevel covariates (with discussion)" Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 2006.
- Author, "A Bayesian sampling approach to regression model checking" Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 2001.
- BSc Economics and Statistics University of Birmingham, UK
- MSc Statistics University of Minnesota
- PhD Statistics University of Minnesota