Dr Abhaya Indrayan is the author of Medical Biostatistics (3rd ed. CRC Press) and former Professor and Chair of the Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics at Delhi University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi. Currently working as Biostatisitcs Consultant to Max Healthcare Institute, New Delhi, he has frequently provided biostatistical consultation to the World Health Organization, the World Bank and UNAIDS. Dr Indrayan has delivered the inaugural address at Biostatistics Workshop at Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, NOIDA, been a Guest of Honor at Workshop on Designs and Sample Size at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Chandigarh, and has presented papers in more than 20 international conferences.
Leading Academic and Industry Experts
Dr. Abhaya Indrayan
Statistics.com Instructor Since
- MSc Statistics, Agra University
- MSc Statistics, Ohio State University
- PhD Biostatistics, Ohio State University
Areas of Expertise
- Health measurement
- Medical research methodology
- Medicalizing biostatistics
- Simple Biostatistics for MBBS, PG Entrance and USMLE, 4th Edition, Academa Publishers, 2013.
- Medical Biostatistics, 3rd Edition. Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, 2012 (Fourth edition due 2017).
- Concise Encyclopedia of Biostatistics for Medical Professionals, Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, 2016.
- Basic Methods of Medical Research, 3rd Edition. AITBS, 2013.
- Biostatistics for Medical, Nursing and Pharmacy Students, Prentice-Hall of India, 2006.
- Elected Fellow of:
- National Academy of Medical Sciences,
- Royal Statistical Society
- Indian Academy of Sciences