Everett V. Smith Jr. is a Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Smith is responsible for the development of the Ph.D. specialization and M.Ed. programs in Measurement Evaluation Statistics and Assessment (MESA); the online M.Ed. in MESA program; and the online Educational Research Methodology certificate program at UIC. Dr. Smith specializes in psychometrics, specifically Rasch measurement. His research interests and expertise include test and rating scale design and analysis for the measurement of latent constructs, testing model robustness, and, in general, applications of Rasch measurement in the social, behavioral, health, rehabilitation, and medical sciences for both criterion and norm-reference assessments. Among these applications include studies of dimensionality, DIF, cross-cultural equivalence, equating, item banking, rating scale optimization, and standard setting.
Leading Academic and Industry Experts
Dr. Everett V. Smith, Jr
Statistics.com Instructor Since
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology with a specialization in Measurement and Evaluation, University of Connecticut, 1995.
- Co-editor, Introduction to Rasch Measurement: Theory, Models, and Applications (2004)
- Co-editor, Rasch Measurement: Advanced and Specialized Applications (2006)
- Co-editor, Applications of Rasch measurement in Criterion-Reference Testing: Practice Analysis to Score Reporting (2009)
- Associate Editor, Journal of Applied Measurement
- Editorial board, Educational and Psychological Measurement
- Editorial board, Journal of Nursing Measurement