Dr. Galit Shmueli is a Distinguished Professor of the Institute of Service Science, College of Technology Management at National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan. Previous academic appointments include the SRITNE Chaired Professor of Data Analytics and Associate Professor of Statistics and Information Systems at the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, and Associate Professor of Statistics in the Department of Decision, Operations & Information Technologies at the Smith School of Business, University of Maryland. Dr. Shmueli’s research has been published in the statistics, information systems, and marketing literature.
Leading Academic and Industry Experts
Dr. Galit Shmueli
Statistics.com Instructor Since
- BA Statistics & Psychology, Haifa University
- MSc Statistics, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
- PhD Statistics, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Data Visualization
- Statistical Modeling
- Co-author, Getting Started with Business Analytics: Insightful Decision Making (Taylor & Francis, 2013)
- Author, Practical Time Series Forecasting (CreateSpace, 2011)
- Author, Practical Acceptance Sampling (2011)
- Author, Practical Risk Analysis for Project Planning (CreateSpace, 2011)
- Co-author, “Predictive Analytics in Information Systems Research” in MIS Quarterly, 2011
- Co-author, Data Mining for Business Intelligence (John Wiley and Sons, 2010)
- Co-author, Modeling Online Auctions (John WIley and Sons, 2010)
- Author, “To Explain or To Predict?” in Statistical Science, 2010
- Co-author, “A Flexible Regression Model for Count Data” in Annals of Applied Statistics, 2010.
- Co-author, Statistical Methods in e-Commerce Research (John Wiley and Sons, 2008)
- Co-author, “Consumer Surplus in Online Auctions” in Information Systems Research, 2008.
- Co-author, “Modeling Price Dynamics in eBay Auctions Using Principal Differential Analysis” in Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2008.