Dr. Jim Rutledge is currently the President of Data Vision, a company that performs statistical consulting and training. Dr. Rutledge has over fifteen years of teaching and consulting experience. He specializes in teaching powerful statistical tools to non-statisticians; he has instructed over 1000 scientists, engineers, managers, and college students. Previously, he served as an Assistant Professor at the United States Air Force Academy and has extensive research and consulting experience in healthcare issues. Dr. Rutledge was recently invited by the National Academy of Sciences to give a presentation on Design of Experiments to Biomedical Engineering Materials and Applications members. Dr. Rutledge is an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer and served as President of the Colorado-Wyoming Chapter of the American Statistical Association.
Leading Academic and Industry Experts
Dr. Jim Rutledge
Statistics.com Instructor Since
- BA Mathematics, University of Cincinnati
- MS Mathematics, University of Cincinnati
- PhD Biostatistics, University of Colorado
Areas of Expertise
- linear and nonlinear models
- longitudinal data
- survival analysis
- design of experiments categorical data analysis
- multivariate methods
- SAS, SPSS, JMP, MATLAB, MathCAD, Minitab, I-Miner, Monte Carlo simulation
- data mining
- Co-author, “Endometrial Carcinoma In-Vitro Chemosensitivity Testing of Single and Combination Chemotherapy Regimens Using the Novel Microculture Kinetic (MiCK) Apoptosis Assay: Implications for Endometrial Cancer Treatment” in Journal of Gynecologic Oncology, 2010.
- Co-author, “Non-linear random effects model for multivariate responses with missing data” in Statistics in Medicine, 2006.
- Co-author, “Tissue Characterization and Calcification Potential of Commercial Bioprosthetic Heart Valves” in The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2001.