Degrees and College Credit
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Data Science and Analytics
The Institute for Statistics Education at Statistics.com has partnered with Thomas Edison State University (TESU) to offer a Bachelor of Science degree in Data Science and Analytics that works around the unique needs of working adults. The program can be completed entirely online using a combination of Thomas Edison State University online courses, exams and other credit-earning options and online courses in data science and analytics provided by Statistics.com, which have been evaluated and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education’s (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT®). Credits earned by successfully completing the Statistics.com courses identified for the degree will fulfill the area of study requirements of the program. Data Science is an interdisciplinary field that incorporates computer science, statistics and mathematical modeling, and has applications in business, government, the life sciences, social sciences and many other areas. Data Analytics is a subset of data science and focuses on how data can be effectively analyzed and used to rigorously support insight and decision-making.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Utilize key technologies in data science and analytics, including data mining, machine learning, visualization techniques, predictive modeling and statistics
- Apply knowledge of statistical data analysis and quantitative modeling techniques to solve real world problems
Earning this degree:
- General Education requirements: Earned via TESU online courses, exams and other credit-earning options
- Electives: Earned via TESU online courses, exams and other credit-earning options
- Area of Study requirements: Earned via Statistics.com online courses (transferred via ACE). See courses here.
Students pay TESU tuition for all courses, exams and other credit-earning options provided by Thomas Edison State University. Students are responsible for separate Statistics.com tuition for online courses provided by Statistics.com that are part of this program.
Here's how it works:
- Start taking the designated analytics courses at The Institute for Statistics Education at any time*, paying tuition to The Institute (see the curriculum here)
- Apply for the BS degree at TESU
- Start taking the TESU general education courses
- Transfer credit for the Institute courses to TESU
- Get your degree from TESU
*You can take your Institute courses before or after applying for the degree at TESU
Credit transfer from The Institute for Statistics Education to TESU is facilitated by the credit recommendation service of the American Council on Education (ACE).